Still looking for some ideas to practice English with your children during holidays? We give you three more ideas of activities..
#1 Print a fake passport
Download this passport and print it to change your home in a map of the world!
What if we use this passport to fly to the United States? The living room has now become the United States and the kitchen England, you have to speak English so that we understand each other!
This game is present in the case that is distributed for babysitting in English. Our babysitters are invited to set it up to symbolize the transition from French to English conversations.
#2 Play a game: the mystery bag
This game is very easy to set up. All it takes is a few items, a bag, leaves and a pen. Put objects in a bag and write in English on small papers the name of each object present in the bag. The child searches the bag without looking, and must find what the English word is with the help of the little papers. If the child is still pretty young, you can also write the French translation under the English words.
Myriam and her son recently practiced this activity. Don't hesitate to send us your videos!
#3 Songs in English!
Perfect if you want to have some fun with your kids! Here's our list of English songs:
- The Jackson Five, ABC pto learn the alphabet,
- Beatles, Hello Goodbye, with very simple lyrics: « You say yes / I say no / you say stop / I say go go go », shouldn't be too hard !
- Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes to learn body parts.
- Bobby McFerrin, Don't worry, be happy to bring good moods in the morning
- What if you tried Disney songs? But maybe something else than "let it goooo, let it goooo".
- You're going to hate us, because you won't be able to get it out of your head: Baby Shark!
- Adèle, Someone Like you for passionate singing, easy to remember.
- and of course, Queen, We are the champions !
We're not saying that your kids will end up in America's got talent, but they should improve their English pretty quickly!